Statistics is commonly misunderstood, as it can be:
- descriptive statistics. As measurement very visiable and in the context trustworthy
- Mathematical statistical theory. As it is theorethical it is not visiable but trustworthy as it must be proved.
- Statistical prove of research assumptions. It is using the statistical theory but has introduced uncertaintity.
- The learning machines approach with models are using all kind of assumptions using some statistical procedures workin to results with a level of uncertainty.
Contents - Introduction
Statistics Analytics have their origin with mathematics.
A long historical backgound exists with:
- philosophic connection
- measuring the human environment
- predicting the unknown
At the glossary references to meaning of words are collected Analytics - mathematics
All references off abuse and (mis)intrepretation of statisics at the dedicates page: Abuse of statistics
I´m working mostly on other pages at this moment (aug 2012).
Found this was subject to do as dedicated subject. Links and parapgraph´s will be moved to here.
For the most time this page will be a mesh-up. As soon I see the hit-ratio will grow I will do a clean-up.
Descriptive figures from government are common freely to get. The use of these figures in analsyses is the job to do. Some sources are: