All kind of fraude misleading and a-social behavir is very common.
regulations are easily being ignored or abused
Not always easy to find when not involved directly.
Classifying wat I have find to the different area´s and countries.
Energy is strictly regulated.
- US ferc
- Europe it was national responsability, started to get privatised ec.europa.eu/energy
Outages occur but are seldom. The impact is high as all modern tools are stopping to work .. nearly everything is stopped.
Scan possible abuse, 1984 is coming
Using data mining results can lead to some ethical conflicts
There have been a lot of financial mistakes and scandals
The regulations like SOX and Basel are repsonses to that. The links to institues and regulasyors are gatgereh at the
Still it is not looking well.
Libor (information exchange) EU
In te same weeks of the RBS outage the London Inter Bank Interest Rate ran in the new as a scandal.
Natwest RBS Ulster june 2012 UK
The banking company was not able to run payments for several weeks. Social impact was big.
comment: British National Party
Some root causes:
- no backup, second system, fall-back scenario available. Even not with a technical change planned.
- upgrading just a tool (ca-7). Bringing down all prosessing. Underestimating possible impact.
- outsourced to a cheaper workers (India). Not taking into account the quality of work.
economist 2012/06 Banks bankers
- trustworthy of banking system.
- CA company as supplier of Ca-7 of mainframe software.
- Outsourcing to India a cheaper work. Alos a political issue.
- Mainframe usage. It is the first hit on it this hard.
They don´t eat horses do they?
Just for greed changing things in supply chain. Equine meat is cheaper:
Started with spanghero.
Dutch newpapers, getting broke companies:
Milk to get healthy grown.
Causing real victims as melamine was added.