Being a hyped has to do with a lot of not yet stable statements. Not sure wich parts will last or being important.
A new branche or is it something old with new names, very confusing:
- Data_science science is a discipline that incorporates varying elements and builds on techniques and theories from many fields, including Math, Statistics, Data Engineering,
Pattern Recognition and Learning, Advanced Computing, Visualization, Uncertainty Modeling, Data Warehousing, and high performance computing with the goal of extracting meaning from data and creating data products. Data Science is a novel term that is often used interchangeably with "Competitive Intelligence" or "Business Analytics," although it is becoming more common.
Data Science seeks to use all available and relevant data to effectively tell a story that can be easily understood by non-practitioners.
- Data Scientist Scarcity: Automation Is the Answer (Radhika Subramanian mar 2013 - smartdatacollective
- why-we-need-a-codecademy-for-data (Walter Frick mar 2013 - bostinno)
- data-scientist (IBM) Rising alongside the relatively new technology of big data is the new job title data scientist. While not tied exclusively to big data projects, the data scientist role does complement them because of the increased breadth and depth of data being examined, as compared to traditional roles.
- the-data-scientist-will-be-replaced-by-tools (forbes Gil Press).
Job descriptions of the data scientist
- Data Scientist: Consider the Curriculum (james kobelius 2012 -IBM big data evangelist)
Data science’s learning curve is formidable. To a great degree, you will need a degree, or something substantially like it, to prove you’re committed to this career. You will need to submit yourself to a structured curriculum to certify you’ve spent the time, money and midnight oil necessary for mastering this demanding discipline.
Business analyst , Systems analyst
Already becoming old common job-role:
- A Business analyst (BA) is someone who analyzes the existing or ideal organization and design of systems, including businesses, departments, and organizations.
BAs also assess business models and their integration with technology.
- A Systems analyst researches problems, plans solutions, recommends software and systems, and coordinates development to meet business or other requirements.
In the Cloud. Not doing it physical anymore by your self. Getting IT more working as a business.
Cloud computing is a metaphor used by Technology or IT Services companies for the delivery of computing requirements as a service to a heterogeneous community of end-recipients.
The term cloud theoretically signifies abstraction of technology, resources and its location that are very vital in building integrated computing infrastructure (including networks, systems and applications).
More details at part of Operating Systems
The -AAS (--) As A Service are the newest hyping words. SAAS PAAS IAAS DAAS BPAAS TEAAS
(informationweek jan 2013)
Open Service for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) is an open community, originally proposed in 2008, to define a set of specifications that enable integration of software development and more broadly Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Product lifecycle Management (PLM) products and services. The intention is to make life easier for software and product developers and tools vendors, by making it easier for tools to work together.
Software as a service (SaaS), typically pronounced [sæs]), sometimes referred to as "on-demand software", is a software delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted on the cloud.
Software as a service (SaaS)Cloud based delivery of complete software applications that run on infrastructure the SaaS vendor manages. SaaS applications are accessed over the Internet and typically charged on a subscription basis.
Software as a service (SaaS) is a software distribution model in which applications are hosted by a vendor or service provider and made available to customers over a network, typically the Internet.
Deploying Software as a Service (SaaS)
Multi-tenant Deployment is the new word of the old hosting.
A multi-tenant platform is one that uses common resources and a single instance of both the object code of an application as well as the underlying database to support multiple customers
simultaneously. Although the technology stack (servers, switches, bandwidth, data storage, etc.) in a multi-tenant deployment are shared and a single instance of code exists, customers’ user
experience should be similar to that of a user whose application was dedicated on an individual basis, much like that of an on-premise application. Multi-tenant deployment of an application
optimizes the use of a limited set of computing resources across a large number of customers.
Infrastrcuture As A service. See Cloud Computing.
OpenStack is a cloud computing project to provide an infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC